The AltspaceVR team has received multiple requests about how we can support conferences and events during the Coronavirus outbreak. We’re here to help and we hope our platform can bring your audience together in a meaningful way during this time. Here’s everything you need to know to host your event in AltspaceVR:
Example of a conference in AltspaceVR:
In February 2020, community members from AltspaceVR hosted the “Educators in VR Summit” which included 100 hours of content and 150 speakers (including VR mainstays like Kent Bye, Tom Furness and Charlie Fink). Around 6,000 people joined over 6 days. This community-driven effort was put on and run without any direct support from AltspaceVR. That effort shows the potential for how these kinds of conferences can tackle climate change/remote work/global outbreaks like Coronavirus in the future. On the topic of the environment, taking into consideration the travel time and CO2 estimates, the Educators in VR Summit took 14 thousand cars off the road for the week of the event and saved attendees around 15,169,530 miles of travel.
Global Fortune 500 company, Accenture also recently hosted a remote conference in AltspaceVR for 40 of its members from around the world. Check it out.
There are hundreds of other examples of people using AltspaceVR for talks, conferences, and meet ups. Check out our events page to experience a VR event today.
- We support all major VR headsets (Oculus Quest/Quest 2, Oculus Rift, HP Reverb G1 & G2, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality.)
- For those without a headset AltspaceVR is also available in 2D mode on PC.
- We support an unlimited audience through our Front Row technology.
- Moderation (Tools available include: Block, Report, Kick, Mute, and Personal Space Bubble)
- Hosting (Tools available include: Mute All, Hand Raise, Stage Blocking, Mirror, Megaphone, Host Panel, Participation Panel)
How to host your own event:
- Use our website to login or create an account.
- Once you’re logged in, go to the “My Events” tab and select “Schedule My Event.“
- Fill in the details of your event, select which space best suits your need and save. (Advanced options let you upload your own tile and banner image, so you can better brand your event.)
- You can view and modify your event under the “My Events” tab both online and in-world.
Can I get help with my conference?
Yes! You can reach out to us directly at altvr.com/support/. Additionally our Campfire hub space is always staffed with an Admin, who can also offer support and guidance in-world.