Now you can play poker with your friends from the comfort of your living room with AltspaceVR’s first edition of the classic game. We’re releasing our newest app created with our Software Developer Kit (SDK) by Fox Buchele, an engineer based in Texas. Play a game of No Limits Texas Hold’em with up to three other players. Games are played in either communal spaces or in private spaces with just your friends.
How to play Texas Hold’em:
Texas Hold’em is a version of Poker where players are dealt two cards face down, known as the hole or hold cards. Five community cards are dealt face up after three betting stages. Players try to make the best hand with their two personal cards and the community cards. Players have betting options to check, call, raise or fold during each betting round. The person with the best hand wins.
How to play in AltspaceVR:
- Click “Deal me in” to join.
- The first player to deal themselves starts the game.
- The first player can lock the game.
- The text on the edge of the table shows you the current minimum bet and remaining stake.
- The game starts with a forced bet.
- The current dealer is marked with a white dealer button.
- Your betting interface gives you the option to change the value of your bet, fold, go all-in and call, check or raise.
- At the end of a round, the dealer clicks the card that appears above the dealer button to continue the game.
- When a player wins a round, notifications appear above each player, displaying their hands.